What Do I Do If My Pediatrician Thinks My Child Has Autism?
May 20, 2023 by BrightBehavior Adoption, Guardianship, Autism, Parenting and Families, Treatments 0 comments
If your pediatrician suspects that your child may have autism, it is important to seek further evaluation and assessment from a qualified healthcare professional, such as a developmental pediatrician or a child psychologist. These professionals are trained to diagnose autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and can help determine if your child has ASD or another developmental condition.
Early diagnosis and intervention are crucial for improving outcomes for children with ASD, so it is important not to delay seeking an evaluation. Additionally, seeking out resources and support from autism advocacy organizations, parent support groups, and other families who have experience with ASD can be helpful in navigating the diagnosis process and accessing appropriate interventions and services for your child.
Here are some autism evaluation centers near Dearborn, Michigan that you may find helpful:
- The University of Michigan Autism and Communication Disorders Center – Ann Arbor, MI (about 30 minutes from Dearborn)
- The Beaumont Children’s Center for Human Development – Southfield, MI (about 20 minutes from Dearborn)
- The Henry Ford Health System Autism and Developmental Disabilities Clinic – Detroit, MI (about 15 minutes from Dearborn)
- The Michigan Medicine Autism Assessment Clinic – Ann Arbor, MI (about 30 minutes from Dearborn)
- The Center for Autism Research, Evaluation, and Service (CARES) – Canton, MI (about 25 minutes from Dearborn)
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and there may be other autism evaluation centers in your area. It is important to research and choose a center that is qualified and experienced in conducting autism evaluations. You may also want to check with your insurance provider to see if they cover autism evaluations and which centers are in-network for your plan.
Contact Us Today To Learn More! (313) 694-7700
Depression: Not Just for Girls?
January 31, 2018
Everyone feels low from time to time, so it’s not always easy to know when it is...
What Do I Do If I’m On a Very Long Waitlist For an Autism Evaluation?
May 20, 2023
You don’t have to wait to receive services! Insurance companies know the...